Wheeww... back in LA and basking in the SoCal sun! No really, Sunday rooftop brunch was in order after 7 days in the
Big Snow Apple. It was a fabulously cold and fashionable week and while I've been to NY plenty of times, this was my first winter experience. Here are few learnings from this trip and confirmations from prior NY adventures:
1. The water is truly magical. Don't believe me? Try the bagels and wash your hair.
2. Food options are endless and Seamless should most definitely become your BFF.
3. If you don't befriend Seamless, be ready for the NYFW diet: coffee & cocktails.
4. You have to be a bag lady whether your like it or not.
5. There are no "snow days" when you're a grownup.
6. The snow is really beautiful until you have to walk in it (thank goodness for taxis).
7. Taxis are expensive.
8. If you come from a "driving" city then beware of texting and taxiing. Day 1 = Vom dot com! By day 5 it's as if you've been doing it all your life.
9. Once you realize taxis are draining your bank account, don't worry, because walking 20+ blocks in Valentinos is surprisingly not that bad.
10. Nights out are so much more fun (and late) when no one has to worry about being the DD!
NY, thanks for being you! Until next time #pursuitgoestoNY - xoxo Ash.