HOME          ABout          Style          Beauty          Holiday          Shoe Shop          Contact

January 14, 2015

Cruise Tips & FAQs

It's hump day, New Year's resolutions may or may not already be out the window, and it's cold as heck out. Is it safe to say we're all ready to plan our next vacation? 

If you've been following Pursuit for awhile then you may be thinking to yourself "Ashley, you sure cruise a lot!" Why yes I do; it's a great way to travel (see my most recent travel diary here). Many people have hesitations about cruising and it bums me out! By the end of this post you may just want to jump in my bag for the next cruise adventure: 

cruise tips, princess cruises, mexico cruise, how to cruise, cruise faqs

{let's play fill in the blank} 

Cruises are best for everyone!

No really, they are. With family? There's entertainment for every age and free babysitting. On a budget? Two words: unlimited food. Looking to explore a new area of the world? There are 100s of itineraries, going through every Country, and ranging anywhere from 3-66 days. Yes, you read that right... there are 2 month cruises.  #thatscommitment

The food is beyond incredible

All inclusive, 5-star restaurant food is a real thing. Don't believe me? Go on a cruise.  Not to mention there's warm cookies and ice cream available almost any time of the day. Which brings me to... 

I will gain 10 pounds. 

You're on vacation, get over it. Or utilize the gym (free classes!), basketball court, and walking deck on the ship. 

Sea sickness is a state of mind

Okay, not really BUT I'm happy to report that most cruises are on ships not boats; they distribute the water in a way that makes it absolutely unnoticeable 98% of the time. For the other 2% there's sea bands  and dramamine. Pursuit tip: just have a cocktail or two! 

The rooms are as small as a dorm room and as big as a fancy hotel's presidential suite

 Yes, interior rooms don't have windows and they're a bit cozy, but they're totally live-able. True life, I've roomed with four people in one before. Like any resort hotel, if you're willing to pay,  ocean view is an option. 

There is NO cell reception in the middle of the ocean.

And it feels good to be off the grid... until you find out that there's pricey onboard wi-fi. #thestruggleisreal 

The best part about cruising is watching the unobstructed sunset every night

Oh, and the food. 

cruise tips, princess cruises, mexico cruise, how to cruise, cruise faqs

I could go on for days about the pools and onboard entertainment, reasonable drink prices, amazing staff, and great excursions but I'll spare you. Tweet me if you have any cruise questions: @Pursuitofshoes

Here are a few more ship snaps from my most recent Mexico Cruise

cruise tips, princess cruises, mexico cruise, how to cruise, cruise faqs
cruise tips, princess cruises, mexico cruise, how to cruise, cruise faqs
cruise tips, princess cruises, mexico cruise, how to cruise, cruise faqs
cruise tips, princess cruises, mexico cruise, how to cruise, cruise faqs




4 comments:

  1. I also love cruises. When we lived in Florida, we took advantage of having 3 ports withing driving distance (no airfare!). My husband and I went on a Northern European cruise a few summers ago (AWESOME!) and we're planning a Mediterranean one this summer. You really can't beat seeing mutliple countries in one week with food and lodging all taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya girl! Cruises definitely have my heart! When I was around 10 or so my first cruise was the Disney cruise that went to the Bahamas and their own Disney island! I've done 2 or 3 since then and I love the entertainment and the food but mostly the relaxation is all right there. And you're right, the view - CAN'T BE BEAT! Glad you had an awesome time!

    www.styleinasmalltown.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos!
    xo,
    Melissa
    MissyOnMadison.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just talking about how skeptical I was to go on a cruise! You're tips definitely eased some of the concerns that I had about it... Maybe I'll change my mind and give it a shot!
    xo, chekara | shadesofchekara.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments... Keep pursuing shoes!