It's hump day and it's hot outside... give me ALL the Sangria! For reals though, maybe I'm just getting old but this summer heat is no fun when you have to be an adult all day. Take me to the beach ASAP!
Super excited to share that I've partnered with Kroger for the next few months to become what I like to call... a younger, Latina version of Martha Stewart (remember these on Insta?) Most of my recipes will go on their blog but a few will make their way to my blog like this delicious Sangria situation. I know you love to drink as much as I do!
No party is complete without a festive drink, however, time is not always on my side, especially when it’s a last-minute engagement. That being said, I’m trying to step up my hostess game. Instead of the typical “just ran to the store” to grab some beer and wine, I’ve fallen in love with what I like to call my 7-minute summer sangria. With a handful of ingredients and 7 minutes, you can create a delicious drink.
Prep time: 7 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Yields: 12 servings
- 1 bag Simple Truth frozen mangos
- 1 bag Simple Truth mixed berries
- 2 bottles of white wine -- a sauvignon blanc or chardonnay that isn’t too dry
- 2 peaches
- 2 apples
- 2 cups of Kroger Club Soda
- Cut frozen mangoes, peaches and apples
- Place all cut fruit and berries in pitcher(s)
- Add wine and let sit in fridge for 15 minutes
- Add club soda (1 cup of club soda for every 1 bottle of wine)
- Garnish with peach slice and serve
The frozen fruit acts as ice, so there’s no need to add additional ice, which could potentially dilute the flavor. My trick for making the most of the 15 minutes is that I make the sangria first before putting out the rest of the party food and then use that 15 minutes of “soak” time to finalize all the rest of the party food, decor, etc. Before you know it the guests have arrived and you’re ready to party!