You guys, how is it almost Halloween? My mind is blown! I also feel like there's extra pressure to go big this year since it's on a Saturday, right? Anywho - if you happen to find yourself in a costume bind then make sure to watch my video from last year with a few creative and easy ideas.
In continuing my partnership with Kroger I've created this super simple candy apple recipe for any of your halloween party needs. We’ve all been there, biting into a candy apple and thinking, "My teeth may get stuck in this thing!” The struggle is definitely real, but thanks to those newfangled things called knives, all teeth can stay intact. Delicious, easy-to-eat candy apples can be made. If you’re planning a Halloween party or just want to create a fun festive treat, try this recipe.
Cook time: 0 min | Prep time: 10 min | Serves: 25
- 5 Granny Smith apples
- Caramel and/or fudge dipping sauce
- Handfuls of M&M’s, Snickers and Twix Bars
- Waxed Paper
- Cut the apples into thick slices.
- Skewer the slices for easy dipping.
- Cut up the candy bars, or use a mallet to mash them into smaller pieces. Lay them on the waxed paper.
- Warm the caramel and fudge sauces.
- Dip the apple skewers in the sauces, then roll them in the mashed candy.
- Place the skewers in the refrigerator for 1 hour to harden.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is also a great post-Halloween recipe to help you get rid of extra candy! Btw, I also created this delicious salted caramel martini that is the best adult halloween beverage EVER - get deets here.
Anybody know what they're going to be this year? I'm thinking Selena or Pocahontas.
This content was created in a sponsored partnership with Kroger Family Stores using free products provided by Kroger.