Back this month with another fab recipe from Kroger. Guys, I've been a cooking machine lately (don't believe me? checkout my snapchat: pursuitofshoes) and I kind of love it. This month it's all about Thanksgiving and instead of talking about dinner let's talk about the best meal of the day: breakfast.
Is there anything better than French toast in the morning? Add pumpkin spice and tah-dah – you've got the perfect Thanksgiving breakfast. If you happen to be entertaining any lactose-free friends and family, this recipe will not disappoint.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Serves: 6 | Yields: 12 slices
- 1½ cups Silk® Almond Nog Pumpkin Spice
- 5 large eggs
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. rum extract
- 12 slices Texas toast
- Syrup, whipped cream and butter (optional)
- Whisk the Silk Almond Nog Pumpkin Spice, eggs, nutmeg and rum extract in a mixing bowl until blended.
- Dip the bread into the mixture and flip, coating both sides.
- Place the bread on a buttered griddle and cook until the bottoms are golden brown. Flip and cook the opposite sides until golden brown.
- Remove from the griddle and top with syrup, butter or whipped cream as desired.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, serve and enjoy!
For a true lactose-free experience, just serve with syrup and cinnamon. No matter what the toppings, you’ll have a delicious and moist pumpkin spice French toast that’s perfect for any seasonal breakfast.
Speaking of Thanksgiving - it's pretty much tomorrow. How did this happen? My first holiday gift guide is hitting the blog on Sunday. Stay tuned...