It's Wednesday, the rest of the week feels like it's dragging and all that's on the mind are plans for the weekend. Insert staycation. Or mini moon or just a getaway. Airbnb is my favorite when it comes to booking a place. Even if it's just for 2 nights, I'd rather have a cozy feel than stay in a hotel with hundreds of people. Most of the time you get a better bang for your buck, plus it's just fun to scope out new spots.
Luckily, I live in a vacation spot, so when Andy and I want a quick getaway or I need a few nights away with the girlfriends, borrowing a house on the beach doesn't sound too bad. Here are my current top 5 Airbnb picks in Los Angeles!
1. Majestic Malibu Airstream - A night alone or with your significant other, on a cliff overlooking Malibu and watching the sunset while cooking dinner and playing board games... probably one of the best staycations I've ever had. Make sure you check out my list of items that we should have brought!
2. Glamping in Topanga - Outside the hustle and bustle of LA and only a quick drive to Santa Monica beach, glamorous camping doesn't sound too bad.
3. Outdoor Paradise - LA is known for their weather and beautiful nights, why not stay in a treehouse! This offers a whole different feel of your typical staycation. Think of all the fun pictures!
4. LUX Downtown Flat - If you like to be in the center of it all, try this downtown city flat! A dip in the pool overlooking skyscrapers, with a cocktail in hand... sign me up.
5. Stateroom Yacht - Rent a boat for a weekend? Sure! This boat sleeps 8, I would love to spend a weekend with my girlfriends boating around LA.
Wondering how we captured these shots? Check out my post on shooting remotely; it's a really great trick for snapping pics of your whole crew and especially when traveling by yourself!