Last month as I was gearing up to turn the big 31 my plan was to write a post along the lines of "10 things I learned between 30 and 31." How basic, right? Instead I decided to ask YOU about things you've learned since turning 30 and overall feelings about being in your 30s. Holy moly you guys blew me away. Over 100 people on Instagram and Facebook responded with not just one line answers but PARAGRAPHS. After reading your responses I turned to Andy and said "this is what it's about... really connecting!" I had ALL the feels. And the takeaway from all of your notes: being 30+ is f'in amazing!
Us 30 somethings:
- are more confident and independent than ever
- have learned that saying no is OK and necessary for our sanity
- realize sleep is important
- don't waste time with relationships that are not adding value to our lives
- want to do things and ARE DOING things we're passionate about, even if that means changing careers, cutting paychecks, or taking a crazy leaps of faith
- understand that time is precious; ain't nobody got time for bullshit
- realize we've made it this far even though we had no idea what we were doing, and you know what? We've turned out okay!
- treat ourselves to nice dinners, new shoes, and dessert because we work hard
- embrace the phrase "you do you"